Dear CHBC Family and Friends,
How grateful I am to be back in OKC, and I am looking forward to Sunday School and Corporate Worship with my church family this week. Thank you all for your prayer and concern during my dad’s recent surgery. The God of all hope, heard and was merciful. I am back just in time to remind you of several important matters.
- This Sunday Morning we are having a Church-wide Lord’s Supper Service. Why do we call it Church-wide? As you are aware CHBC is 1 Church in 2 Languages. That means each Sunday we have Sunday School classes taking place in English and Spanish, and we have a worship service taking place in English and a worship service taking place in Spanish. When we take the Lord’s Supper we come together in a Church-wide service to preserve and proclaim the unity of being 1 Church in 2 Languages. This would be a tremendous opportunity to invite friends or neighbors whether they speak English or Spanish as their primary language.
- Following the AM Service there are two things taking place:
- There will be a brief interest meeting following the Church-wide service for everyone interested in attending either the Voice of the Martyrs Mission Trip, or the Guatemala Mission Trip
- Voice of the Martyrs is an international organization ministering with the persecuted church across the globe. We will serve in their headquarters in Bartlesville, OK on March 13-15. This is a family-driven mission experience. There is learning and work for people ages 1-99. If you have never been, you should consider going. For more details or to register follow this link: http://chbchurch.org/event/924348-2017-03-13-voice-of-the-martyrs-mission-trip/
- Guatemala is a country where CHBC is praying and working to plant a new church in a rural area known as Santa Barbara Lo de Lac. We are working with the Baptist Convention of Guatemala, and the school in Lo de Lac to build relationships and partnerships so we can share the gospel and see the Spirit move to begin a new gospel-focused work in an area where there is currently no bible-centered evangelical church. Pastor Isaias is from Lo de Lac, Guatemala. We will take a team to Guatemala to work with rural schools and do ministry in Lo de Lac from July 7-154. For more information about this trip or to register follow this link: http://chbchurch.org/event/918655-2017-07-07-guatemala-mission-trip-2017/
- There is also a luncheon for those who registered for Extended Teaching Care (ETC) training. If you registered don’t forget to attend. Amy Cusack and Cheryl Ross have prepared a great meal and helpful resources to assist you in ministering to our 0-3 year olds during each morning worship service.
- Our Men’s Ministry is hosting a local Shepherd’s Conference Retreat at Falls Creek from February 28-March 3. All men are encouraged to consider this wonderful opportunity for discipleship and fellowship. If you cannot attend the entire time, we are able to make accommodations to fit your schedule. Please register ASAP. You can see more details and register by following this link: http://chbchurch.org/event/923211-2017-02-28-shepherds-conference-at-falls-creek/
I know this is a lot. But, please make yourselves aware of all of the tremendous opportunities to serve and grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. Stay informed by frequenting the website, reading your e-newsletter (Branches), and your weekly Capitol Hill Today (worship bulletin). I look forward to seeing you Sunday.
By His Grace and For His Glory,
Pastor Mark D. DeMoss