Voice of the Martyrs Mission Trip
Monday, March 19, 2018 - Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- Informational Meeting: February 18 at 11:30 am
- Registration Deadline: February 25
- Departure: Morning of March 19
- Return: Evening of March 21
What is VOM?
- Voice of the Martyrs is an international Christian organization devoted to ministering with the persecuted church throughout the world. Their USA headquarters is located in Bartlesville, OK, which is about 150 miles north of Oklahoma City.
Adult Mission Project:
- Every month, VOM has people from across the country volunteer in their distribution center. Volunteers help with assembling Action Packs, VOM newsletter distribution, Blankets for Sudan, and much more.
- During the day, adults will work in the distribution center with whatever tasks need to be accomplished.
- There is not a lot of heavy lifting, standing, or walking, so this is a perfect trip for Senior Adults.
The Children's Track:
- While the adults are in the distribution center, our children (grades 6 and below) will be learning about missions, the persecuted church, and how God is always victorious even in hard times.
- Children will learn about martyrs, will sing songs, hear Bible lessons taught, eat snacks, and take field trips.
- Participating children need to be potty trained. If your child is not potty trained, you will need to accompany them throughout the trip. A parent of participating children will volunteer to help with some aspect of the children's activities.
- $60 per person
- Max $300 per family
- Lodging at the VOM apartments. Each apartment sleeps 6 people. Each apartment has a kitchenette, a living room, and two bedrooms.
- Teenagers will sleep at Eastern Heights Baptist Church with the DeMoss family.
- 3 lunches, 2 dinners, 2 continental breakfasts, snacks
- Fill out a VOM Volunteer Form by February 25
- Fill out the online Registration Form below by February 25
- Make payment by February 25