Update from Pastor Mark | March 25, 2020
CHBC Family and Friends,
Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”
Why do we trust in God? Because He is good and He is sovereign. Without His goodness we would be left only to the brokenness, disease, and death in this world. Without His sovereignty we would be left to do only what is right in our own eyes. We need to remind one another of God’s goodness and God’s sovereign control. We need to not only say, but we also need to live the way Proverbs 3:5-6 expresses.
As we are trusting in the Lord, your pastors and the rest of our support staff are also diligently working to equip you with the ability to continue growing in the Lord, and to disciple your home, your friends, your neighbors, and your co-workers. Below are some things for you to know as we move into the middle of the week, and head toward the weekend and another Lord’s Day. There will also be links and an attachment on this email.
For Wednesday, March 24, 2020:
- Pastor Jason and Alex have been working to provide an opportunity for our students to gather with Zoom. This is a video conferencing platform. Jason will be sending instructions for you and your student. This will happen at 6 PM tomorrow night.
- I am attaching Connect Group Questions for your family to use to discuss the Scripture passage and sermon content from this past Sunday. This would be a good tool for family devotion for midweek. This is what we use each week in our adult midweek Bible study. I am including preaching notes for you as well to increase your ability to learn and discuss. You can watch the sermon again if that is helpful as well from the CHBC Facebook page here:https://www.facebook.com/chbcokc/videos/2655497721339683/.
- Pastor Tyler will be bringing a Facebook Live devotion at 7:30 PM that will last approximately 10 minutes. This is his usual choir devotion, but will be encouraging to all of us, as we are all worshippers of God. CHBC Facebook page is: facebook.com/chbcokc
- Pastor Jason will lead the regular Collegiate Ministry Bible Study through a Zoom gathering at the regular time of 8 PM.
Thursday, March 26, 2020
- Mrs. Cheryl is preparing some resources to share with our dads and moms to equip them with biblical entertainment and education for the extra time we have at home.
- These resources will be shared on Thursday through Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Preparing for Sunday
- We will send a Sunday School lesson to be used in your home similar to the one sent last week.
- We will also send a link to curriculum we use for our preschool and children to help families with a short video, activity pages, and discussion guide if they prefer to tailor the lesson to their children. This is The Gospel Project material, so it is the Sunday School lessons they would have had in class. There will be enough material that you could use it other times during the week if you prefer.
- Worship will occur at 10:15 AM via Facebook Live, and a family devotion will occur Sunday night at 5 PM from the DeMoss’ home.
Mark D. DeMoss, Senior Pastor