Having been led as we believe by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, and on the profession of our faith having been baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we do now in the presence of God, angels, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ.
1. We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this Church, in knowledge, holiness, and comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrine.
2. We engage to contribute cheerfully and regularly through tithes and offerings to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the Church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations.
3. We also engage to maintain family and secret devotion, to educate our children religiously, and to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances.
4. We engage to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealing; faithful in our engagements; and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to seek God's help in abstaining from all drugs, food, drink, and practices which harm the body or jeopardize our own or another’s faith; and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the Kingdom of our Savior.
5. We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and, mindful of the rules of our Savior, to secure it without delay.
6. We moreover engage that when we move from this place, we will as soon as possible unite with some other church, where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and