Ways to Give your Tithes and Offerings
- CHBC Giving Online – if you need assistance with online giving, please contact the church office at 405-799-9799 during regular office hours (8:30-4:30, M-T, and 8:30-12:30, F)
- During worship in the CHBC Offering Boxes
- Mail to 304 SW 134th Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73170
- Drop off to Church Office during regular office hours at the mailing address above
No Midweek Activities on November 24 – Enjoy your Thanksgiving
Angel Tree – Christmas Party (December 11, 10 AM – Noon)
Please see the information and details about our party for the children and care takers of these incarcerated parents. The gifts you have bought will be given, snacks will be served, and the gospel will be shared. Click this link for details and to register to serve: CHBC Angel Tree Party
Thanksgiving Fellowship, Sunday, November 21 at 5 PM
Each year CHBC gathers on the Sunday night before Thanksgiving to express our thanks for one another. This year that will occur as a churchwide fellowship. The turkey, drinks, and pie will be provided. Members, please bring your favorite thanksgiving meal side dish. We will eat together in thanks for God’s goodness and blessing. The meal will begin at 5 PM.
Sunday Nights for CHBC
Put these special nights of worship and ministry on your calendar and plan to be with your church family for a special fall and holiday season.
- November 21 – Thanksgiving Banquet & World Missions Kick-Off
- November 28 – Decorate CHBC Campus for Christmas
- December 5 – “Good Newsies” presented by Christmas Heritage Academny & CHBC Christmas Fellowship to follow
- December 12 – CHBC Worship Ministry Christmas Night of Worship
- December 19 – Power for Kids Christmas Musical
- December 26 – No Evening Worship
Scripture of the Month
Each week CHBC says aloud a passage of Scripture during our morning worship gathering. This is done for two reasons. First, we are commanded in Scripture to encourage one another with the Word of God. Second, we want to emphasize the spiritual discipline of Scripture memory. The Scripture we will say and memorize for the month of November is Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” You can receive a text to your
phone with this verse set to music by texting the word “CHBCVERSE” to the number (302) 207-SONG (7664).
A Moment in Church History
On November 11, 1620, the pilgrims who eventually end up at Plymouth Plantation gather in the signing of the The Mayflower Compact. The Pilgrims pledge themselves, “solemnly mutually in the presence of God and one another,” to “covenant, and combine ourselves together into a civil body politic.” Learn more about what happened on this date in church history by following this link: Today in Church History.
CHBC pray for one another to resist the love of the world.
1 John 2:15-16
“Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.”
Mark D. DeMoss, Senior Pastor
Capitol Hill Baptist Church
For the Glory of God